The STPGA would like to welcome back all returning caddies to the STPGA Caddie program as well as welcome all new Caddies to the 2018 Caddie Program. The Caddie Program is such an important part of the STPGA Junior Golf Program, and we hope that each Caddie enjoys the opportunity to be a part of their son or daughter’s team.
All Caddies must follow the Code of Conduct set forth in the STPGA Junior Golf Handbook at all times. Failure to follow could suspend or not allow a parent or adult to caddie for a Little Linkster.
Please take a few moments to view these short caddie video tips.
If you are on a tablet or mobile device, Click Here to watch these videos.
A few important notes for our caddies
- Caddies that registered in 2017 MUST re-register to be an official caddie for the 2018 season prior to their first event in 2018. This includes payment of the membership fee AND passing the Caddie Quiz. Those caddies that do not re-register WILL NOT be allowed to caddie for any player until registration is complete.
- Caddies are to assist their player during the course of the round, not coach. This is not a time for extensive coaching and training. Similar to caddies at the highest level, they assist the player with yardages and club selection and then let the player do the rest. Extensive coaching may result in a loss of caddie privileges.
- All players in Little Linksters and Junior Links can have a caddie.
- All caddies MUST check in at registration at each tournament in order to caddie. Similar prior years, caddies will be sent a Caddie Badge after passing the quiz, but still must check in at registration at each tournament. Once you check in at registration with your Caddie Badge, you will receive a bracelet for the day that allows you to caddie.
- The maximum stroke limit for Little Linksters and Junior Links is 10, regardless of whether the player reaches the green or not.
- The STPGA does not have a minimum age requirement for caddies. However, all caddies must abide by the Code of Conduct or privileges may be suspended.
- All caddies MUST wear golf attire.
- All players and caddies must walk the golf course. Participants and their equipment cannot be transported in motorized carts, except when going to their first hole, when returning from their last hole, or on a designated shuttle hole. Players and caddies may use pull carts if host facility allows.
In order to be a caddie, please follow these two steps.
- Click Here to register to be a caddie. It will cost each caddie $30 for the entire 2018 year. Once you register you will be sent an ID and password via email. This ID and password is needed for the next step
- Click Here to take the quiz. You must score 20 out of 25 in order to pass. Once you have passed the quiz, you are now a Little Linksters Caddie. You will need your ID and password from Step 1 in order to take the quiz.
to review our short powerpoint presentation on our rules. Make sure to take the time to look over this powerpoint, as we have made some changes to the rules for Little Linksters.
Interested in buying a real caddie bib? Click Here
to purchase a caddie bib. This is not required in order to caddie with the STPGA.
What do you receive when you become a Little Linksters Caddie?
- Rules of Golf Book (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a book)
- STPGA Little Linksters Hat - picked up at your first summer event
- STPGA Caddie Badge mailed home.
- A chance to be a part of the tournament and help your son or daughter