Dick Harmon Participation Grant Overview
The goal of the Southern Texas PGA and the Southern Texas PGA Foundation is to introduce our area's youngsters to the challenges and rewards of golf. Through the support of the Harmon Family Foundation, the Southern Texas PGA Foundation has created the Dick Harmon Participation Grant program to help provide top-flight golf opportunities to young men and women regardless of financial resources. The Southern Texas PGA believes the opportunity to participate in our junior golf programs should not be limited only to those who can afford to play a comprehensive junior golf schedule. Therefore, the STPGA Foundation would like to offer financial assistance to those juniors who are limited due to financial constraints.
- All Participation Grant Applications will be reviewed on a seasonal basis and funds will be awarded prior to the start of the Spring, Summer, and Fall Series for 2018. You will be notified at the email address on your application with news of any funds awarded to your junior golfer. The STPGA – Dick Harmon Participation Grant will be allocated in one amount and established as a credit to the respective participant’s junior golf "account” within the STPGA Junior Golf program. The funds can be used for membership registration and tournament registration.
- The awarding of a Participation Grant does not guarantee entry into specific STPGA junior golf events. Recipients will still be required to follow standard STPGA junior golf program requirements and procedures to be entered in clinics and tournaments.
- The Participation Grant can be used only for costs associated with the Southern Texas PGA Junior Golf Program. It is the responsibility of the recipient to keep up with their account total.
- The total number of scholarships will be determined by the total number of qualified candidates and availability of funds. Dick Harmon Participation Grants will be awarded to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Credit card debt will not be considered in the STPGA’s evaluation of a candidate’s financial situation, but costs related to healthcare, tuition and elderly care will be taken into consideration.
- Sunday, December 31, 2017 - Spring Series
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 - Summer Series
- Sunday, August 19, 2018 - Fall Series
All candidates who satisfy the above requirements are eligible to apply for a Dick Harmon Participation Grant. The final selection of recipients is decided by the Southern Texas PGA Junior Golf Committee and the Southern Texas PGA Foundation Board of Directors. Each candidate can apply for a Dick Harmon Participation Grant at any time during the course of the year. Funds will be awarded to qualified applicants based on need.