Dallas, Texas –
Shady Oaks Country Club, the Northern Texas PGA and the Southern Texas PGA hosted the 3rd
Annual Ben Hogan Junior Cup Matches at Shady Oaks Country Club on Tuesday, August 7 – Wednesday, August 8. Created in 2016, the event is an annual competition between the Northern and Southern Texas PGA Junior Tours’ top six boys and top six girls aged 13-18. The Matches provide a unique, one-of-a-kind experience for each Tour’s best playing junior golfers.
The Ryder Cup-style format featured 12 junior golfers from each Tour competing in 18-hole Four-Ball and 9-hole Foursomes Matches the first day, followed by 18-hole Singles Matches on the final day. Shady Oaks Country Club played host once again, and the Matches will continue to be conducted at Shady Oaks each year. Established in 1958, Shady Oaks Country Club has a rich history including being the longtime home for the tournament’s namesake, Ben Hogan.
The Northern Texas PGA team and Southern Texas PGA team were held to a tie after Day One of the tournament. The Southern Texas PGA team gained an early lead during the Mixed Four-Ball Matches, winning four of six matches and halving
one other. The Northern Texas PGA team climbed back during the Round Two Foursomes Matches as they captured four and a half of the possible six points. Each team ended Day One of the tournament with 6 points.
The Singles Matches on Day Two kicked off early on Wednesday, August 8. The competition was strong in each group as both teams fought to take the lead throughout the day. The Northern Texas PGA team won seven of the 12 matches, including an impressive performance from Megan Daleo who won her match 10 & 8.
The Northern Texas PGA retained the Ben Hogan Junior Cup, finishing the event 13 – 11 over the Southern Texas PGA. With the win, the Northern Texas PGA team now has a 3-0-0 record in the Matches.
The following players represented the Northern Texas PGA:
The following players represented the Southern Texas PGA:
- Advait Chutke (Flower Mound, TX)
- Megan Daleo (Plano, TX)
- Kaelan Dulany (Fort Worth, TX)
- Anthony Elisco IV (Dallas, TX)
- Fisher (Aledo, TX)
- Michael Heidelbaugh (Dallas, TX)
- Trinity King (Mansfield, TX)
- Walker LaRue (Porter, TX)
- Karen Lee (Grapevine, TX)
- Sydney McConnell (Tyler, TX)
- Brook Morales (McKinney, TX)
- Matthew Watkins (Rockwall, TX)
- Captains: Garrett Glanton (Abilene Christian University) & Kenzie Wright (University of Alabama)
- Michelle Becker (San Antonio, TX)
- Isha Dhruva (Katy, TX)
- Hunter Drotts (League City, TX)
- Jackie Feldman (Austin, TX)
- Alex Hernandez (Victoria, TX)
- Zakary Jones (Spring, TX)
- Trace Martin (Kyle, TX)
- Brooke McDonough (Lakeway, TX)
- Emily Mu (Austin, TX)
- Cooper New (Comfort, TX)
- Tomek Pickrell (Cypress, TX)
- Annika Saidleman (Austin, TX)
- Captains: Braden Bailey (Baylor University) & Lauren Comegys (James Madison University)
View the tournament results
and highlight video
Members from the Northern Texas PGA and Southern Texas PGA teams qualify to compete each year via All American Tour and Prestige Tour events, respectively. Champions from each Tour’s first tournaments in the summer solidify their spot on the team as well as the top point earners, not otherwise qualified from the first tournaments in the summer.