2019 STPGA Caddie Registration is NOW OPEN.
The STPGA would like to welcome back all returning caddies to the STPGA Caddie program as well as welcome all new Caddies to the 2019 Caddie Program. The Caddie Program is such an important part of the STPGA Junior Golf Program, and we hope that each Caddie enjoys the opportunity to be a part of their son or daughter’s team.
All players that are a part of the Little Linksters Tour and Junior Links Tour can have a Caddy. Caddies are expected to follow the Code of Conduct set forth in the STPGA Junior Golf Handbook at all times. Failure to follow the Code of Conduct could result in suspension of a parent or adults Caddy privileges for a Little Linksters or Junior Links player in future events.
Please take a few moments to review some important notes for our Caddies.
In order to be a caddie, please follow these three (3) steps.
- Caddies that were registered in years prior MUST re-register to be an official caddie for the new year prior to their first event. This includes payment of the membership fee AND passing the Caddie Quiz. Those caddies that do not re-register WILL NOT be allowed to caddy for any player until registration is complete.
- Caddies are to assist their player during the course of the round, not coach. This is not a time for extensive coaching and training. Similar to caddies at the highest level, they assist the player with yardages and club selection and then let the player do the rest. Note: Extensive coaching may result in a loss of caddie privileges.
- All players in Little Linksters and Junior Links can have a caddie but it is not required.
- Similar to prior years, caddies will be sent a Caddie Badge after passing the quiz. All caddies MUST show their Caddie Badge during check in at registration at each tournament in order to caddy. Once you check in at registration with your Caddie Badge, you will receive a wristband for the day that allows you to caddie.
- The maximum stroke limit for Little Linksters and Junior Links is ten (10), regardless of whether the player reaches the green or not.
- The STPGA does not have a minimum age requirement for caddies. However, all caddies must abide by the Code of Conduct or privileges may be suspended.
- All caddies MUST wear golf attire.
- All players and caddies must walk the golf course. Participants and their equipment cannot be transported in motorized carts, except when going to their first hole, when returning from their last hole, or on a designated shuttle hole. Players and caddies may use pull carts if host facility allows.
Note: Once you have completed and passed the quiz, you will be mailed your Caddie Badge. Please take your Caddie Badge to each tournament and present it to the STPGA staff member at registration. If you have not received your Caddie Badge prior to your first tournament(s), please take a screenshot of your quiz results page and present that instead.
- Click Here to register to be a caddie. It will cost each caddie $30 for the entire 2019 year. Once you register you will be sent an ID and password via email. This ID and password are needed for the next step.
- Click Here to review our PowerPoint presentation on our rules. Make sure to take the time to look over this PowerPoint, as we have made some changes to the rules to reflect the new 2019 Rules of Golf and have modified some rules for the Little Linksters.
- Click Here to take the quiz. You must score 20 out of 25 in order to pass. Once you have passed the quiz, you are now a Little Linksters or Junior Links Caddie. You will need your ID and password from Step 1 in order to take the quiz.
Interested in buying a real caddie bib? Click Here to purchase a caddie bib.
Note: This is not required in order to caddie with the STPGA.
What do you receive when you become a Little Linksters or Junior Links Caddie?
Please direct all questions to Jessica Greenshield at email@example.com or 832-442-2404.
- Rules of Golf Book (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a book)
- STPGA Caddie Hat - picked up at your first summer event
- STPGA Caddie Badge mailed home.
- A chance to be a part of the tournament and help your son or daughter